Audition Schedule 2013-2014 Season
More details for each audition will be posted here
as the audition date approaches.
|Taste of Shakespeare: Comedy of Errors
||Auditions were in May, 2014.
|Rocky Horror Show
||Auditions were held in July, 2014
|Driving Miss Daisy
||Auditions were held in August 2014.
|The Miracle Worker
||Auditions will be September 20 and 21, 2014. Details are below.
||Auditions will be in November, 2014. Details will be posted later.
|Urinetown: The Musical
||Auditions will be in December 2014, or January 2015. Details will be posted later.
|Murder on the Nile
||Auditions will be in March 2015. Details will be posted later.
Auditions - The Miracle Worker
Longmont Theater Company announces open auditions for The Miracle Worker, directed Larisa Netterlund and Donna Manis.
Longmont Rehearsal Space, 314 Main Street, Longmont. Enter from the rear - unmarked green door.
[Map to rear parking lot]
||September 20, 2014, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, and September 21, 2014, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Auditions are by appointment only. Please complete the audition request form before the auditions to obtain an appointment.
Auditions are for all parts. See roles below. Prepare a dramatic monologue, two minutes or less, preferably memorized. There will also be readings from the script.
Bring resume, headshot, and a list of all conflicts for evenings and weekends between September 22 and November 24, 2014
|Rehearsals, Performances, and other expectations||
Rehearsals will generally be Monday through Thursday, 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m., beginning September 22, 2014
Cast members will also be expected to help with set construction some weekends during the rehearsal period, and with strike the day after the show.
Performance Dates are on the show page.
Non-paying, no fee, non equity.
Contact the producer, Mary Meakins for assistance.
- KATE - Helen's mother, 30s-40s
- CAPTAIN KELLER - Helen's father, Kate's husband, 40s-50s
- HELEN - struck deaf and blind by a fever she had as an infant. Must be able to pass for 8-12.
- AUNT EV - Helen's aunt, 40s-60s
- JAMES KELLER - Captain Keller's son, late teens-20s
- ANNIE SULLIVAN - 20, Helen's teacher, has a severe vision impairment
- An Ensemble of 5-10 actors to play the following roles, male and female, ages 5 to 85:
- MARTHA - a servant child
- PERCY - a servant child
- ANAGNOS - instructor at the Perkins Institute for the Blind
- VINEY - a servant
- A DOCTOR
- BLIND GIRLS - students at the Perkins Institute, ages 5-14
- JIMMY - Annie's younger brother - 6-12