Auditions - Taste of Shakespeare - Comedy of Errors
Longmont Theater Company and Theater Company of Lafayette announce open auditions for Comedy of Errors, the 2014 production of Taste of Shakespare.
Longmont Rehearsal Space, 314 Main Street, Longmont. Enter from the rear - unmarked green door.
[Map to rear parking lot]
||Monday and Tuesday, May 19 and 20, 2014, starting at 7:00 pm.
Auditions are by appointment only. Please complete the audition request form before the audition date. The producer will contact you to set an appointment.
Callbacks are on Wednesday, May 21, 2014, starting at 7:00 pm. You do not attend callbacks unless you are, in fact, called back.
Auditions are for all parts. See roles below.
Auditions will be cold readings from the script. If you are invited to callbacks, you will deliver a memorized Shakespearean monologue. Please select a piece in verse, and no longer than two minutes.
Bring resume, headshot, and a list of all conflicts from May 21 through August 10, 2014.
|Rehearsals, Performances, and other expectations||
Rehearsal schedule will be available at auditions. Rehearsals will be in Longmont, generally outdoors, generally Monday through Thursday evenings. There will be work weekends for costume, prop, and set construction.
Performances are July 19 - August 9, 2014, at locations ranging from Estes Park to Boulder. You are responsible for your own transportation.
Non-paying, no fee, non equity.
Contact the producer, Jim Porter for assistance.
- Solinus/ Doctor Pinch - Duke of Ephesus/an excorcist
- Aegeon - a merchant of Syracuse
- Emilia - his lost wife, now Lady Abbess at Ephesus
- Antipholus of Ephesus and
- Antipholus of Syracuse - twin brothers, sons of Egeon and Emilia
- Dromio of Ephesus
- Dromio of Syracuse - twin brothers, bondmen, each serving his respective Antipholus.
- Adriana - wife of Antipholus of Ephesus
- Luciana - her sister
- Nell/Luce - kitchen wench/maid to Adriana
- Balthazar - a merchant
- Angelo - a goldsmith
- First merchant - friend to Antipholus of Syracuse
- Second merchant - to whom Angelo is in debt
- Puppeteers - to manage puppets during intro, transitions, and key scenes. May double as other characters. At least four needed.
|Additional staff||We are in need of a Costume Coordinator. This person will take direction from the lead Costume Designer. He or she will
ensure each cast member has appropriate costumes, pulled from cast member's collections, or from the stores of LTC and TCL. The Costume Coordinator will
also be responsible for accesorizing costumes for the "steam punk" look.
Contact the director (Jim Porter) if you are interested. No need to wait for auditions.