Audition notice for Front Range Community College - "All in the Timing"
Front Range Community College -Boulder Campus is holding open auditions for
David Ives' "All in the Timing" (six short comedies on being uniquely human).
Longmont Theatre is not sponsoring nor producing this production, but we do support the educational community.
|Who||Everyone is invited! FRCC students, faculty, staff and surrounding community members.
|Where||FRCC-BCC 2121 Miller Dr, Longmont. Classroom Building, room C1602
Pick a one hour time slot to attend. No prior contact is necessary, just show up:
Friday 02/15/2013 4 pm - 5 pm
Friday 02/15/2013 5 pm - 6 pm
Saturday 02/16/2013 11 am - noon
Please be available for CALL BACKS from 12:30 pm - 2 pm on Saturday 02/16/2013.
|Prepare||A joke, a short story (real or fiction), or a 1 minute comedic monologue. Dress comfortably and ready for movement. |
Also be prepared to provide all known rehearsal conflicts.
|Rehersals||Three 2.5 hour rehearsals per week, days to be scheduled based on cast availability.
|Roles||Multiple roles for men and women of any age, ethnicity or experience.
|Performances|| Thursday, April 11th and Friday, April 12th, 2013, at 7:30 pm, in the community room FRCC-BCC.
Director/Guest Artist, Jay Louden, MFA-Directing. In addition to directing, Jay is an Equity / SAG actor. His film and TV credits include Star Trek: The Next Generation (Liator), Scarecrow And Mrs. King, Remington Steele, Jake and the Fat Man, and The Young and The Restless. Jay most worked as Associate Professor at Metro State.
Assistant Director, Myles Goldin, MFA Contemporary Performance. Prior to becoming the FRCC-BCC Theatre Instructor, she spent 10 years performing in New York City. Myles experience includes solo performances, improvisation, and clowning.
Producer/Assistant Director, Heather Frost, MEd, B.A. Theatre. Heather is FRCC's Student Success Center Assistant. She has over 20 year experience working in live theatre as director, actor, artistic director, producer, stage manager, and crew.
August 8, 2008
LTC tickets on sale through the web
You can now buy tickets for LTC performances through the web, any time of the day or night. No longer are you constrained by box office hours, and no longer do you need to wait for a call back to get your tickets.
The Longmont Theatre Company has contracted with Vendini ticketing services to handle all our ticket sales.
Through their service, you can pick the show, pick your seats, and pay for them using a major credit card, using their secure web site.
Back to top
TARA 2011-2012 awards
In June 2012, Longmont Theatre held its Theatrical Arts Recognition Awards ceremony, known as the TARAs. Much of the LTC community attended, and saw the presentation of these awards.
- Technical / director
- Outstanding Set Design - John Thornberry - Frost/Nixon
- Outstanding Set Decoration - Peg Boland & Roxanna DesJardin - The Man Who Came to Dinner
- Outstanding Lighting Design - Brian Curtiss - Frost/NixonBest
- Outstanding Sound Design - John Thronberry - Frost/Nixon
- Outstanding Props - Jan Davison - Frost/Nixon
- Outstanding Hair & Makeup Design - Eddie Ricke - The Man Who Came to Dinner
- Outstanding Stage Manager - Barb White - Frost/Nixon
- Outstanding Musical Director - Tanya Daughtery - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- Outstanding Choreographer - Georgeanna Mills-Russell - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- Outstanding Lead Male in a Straight Play - Stuart O’Steen - Frost/Nixon
- Outstanding Lead Female in a Straight Play - Christine Sharpe - Fools and Brandy McGreer - The Man Who Came to Dinner
- Outstanding Lead Male in a Musical - Don DeVeux - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- Outstanding Lead Female in a Musical - Beth Beckel - Bye Bye Birdie
- Outstanding Supporting Male in a Straight Play - Marcus Turner - The Man Who Came to Dinner
- Outstanding Supporting Female in a Straight Play - Jan Davison - Fools
- Outstanding Supporting Male in a Musical - Joel Silverman - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- Outstanding Supporting Female in a Musical - Melissa Fike - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- Outstanding Minor Male in a Straight Play - Nicolas Lee - Frost/Nixon
- Outstanding Minor Female in a Straight Play - Vanessa Young - Frost/ Nixon
- Outstanding Minor Male in a Musical - Jay Moretz & Robert Janacek - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- Outstanding Minor Female in a Musical - Beth Beckel, Dana Plunkett & Nicole Edwards - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- Outstanding Director - John Thornberry - Frost/Nixon
- Outstanding Play - Frost/ Nixon
Back to top
Longmont Theater is in need of donations toward the following specific items:
- Improved house lighting. The lighting in the auditorium is pretty dark. We are adding new fixtures and upgrading the existing ones, so we can all more easily find our seats before the curtain goes up!
- Improved electrical support for our theater lighting.
- Replacement computers, for use in our ticketing service and general office. We are moving toward supporting an on-line ticketing service, so you can purchase your tickets anytime, day or night. We need to upgrade some of our computers to help with this.
- Networking equipment and support, to allow high-speed internet access to all its computers.
- An additional building, for rehearsal space, set construction, warehousing, black-box theater, etc.
If you want to make a donation toward any of these items, or just make a donation in general,
visit our donations page. You can make your donation on-line, or you can send in your check.